Monday, June 9, 2008

Sworn in

Robert was sworn into the United States Navy a few weeks ago.
He reports to Boot Camp in Great Lakes, Illinois on November 24th (Thankfully after the baby is born). He is going into the Advanced Electronics/Computer program and is very excited about it.
This is definitely going to be a new adventure for our family. I am a little nervous about being home with two kids while he is gone, but I am very excited and happy for Robert as he starts this new chapter in his life.

4 comments:

McVay Family Adventures said...

Wow! This will be a new adventure for your family. I know the Navy is a bit different than the Army, but being a military family has its blessings and challenges. We'll chat more about it one of these days. Best wishes in to Robert in his new job.

Lia said...

I'm excited for Bobby. I know he's embarassed that I still call him that, but that's too bad. This will be a good opportunity for him and your family. Hopefully it will bring you guys our way, if even for a short time. Love ya guys!

Collette said...

What a surprise! Congratulations Robert! I'm hoping that this doesn't take you guys away from Southern California though!

Erin said...

Wow. That is great. I am glad things are working out for you. I second Collette ... no moving.